Friday, June 8, 2007

To Any Out There Who Still Might Be Checking This Blog...

So...I haven't posted in a while, for a month and a half now, and here is why. The following is my confessional to anyone out there who still might be listening: I constantly have all these thoughts and questions (not doubts, just questions!) about God and the meaning of life, the universe and everything. When I hear myself ask some of these questions, I feel like I am being heretical and so I usually do not ask. I know that this is common and that it happens to a lot of Christians when they reach adulthood and try to make their religion their own instead of that of their parents. At this point in peoples lives as they progress out of the immaturity of "youth group mentality" and through the early twenties where they think they know everything into their mid-twenties and thinking that nobody knows anything it gets pretty tough. It feels like the same growing pains that you felt when you were a kid, except now the brain is what is hurting instead of the body. I look forward to my thirties after this "questioning" period is over and I can settle on some answers (I hope!) But since this is my place where I am expressing all of these questions, even if I do feel like a heretic or a doubter, I am going to try to work through these things. If I am asking some pretty easy questions, please let me know. Tell me that I'm a dork and the answer is right here looking me in the face. And I will pledge to go to the Bible more and seek my answers from the source of all knowledge.

1 comment:

Eric Wakeling said...

Never stop processsing. Be strong in your convictions, but don't have them because you think someone else told you to have them. Be strong because of the Holy Spirit and because you have looked into the issue. Obviously faith is real and necessary, but blind faith isn't necessary on all issues. God has laid His fingerprint on His creation and is waiting for you to find the clues!