Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Nuts!




I am confused about something and I want to see if anyone in cyberspace agrees with me because so far everyone that I've talked to in real life about this looks at me like I'm crazy.

I understand that a shelled nut means the shell has been removed, but it sounds so counter-intuitive to me. If you took the shell off wouldn't it be un-shelled or de-shelled??? A shelled nut sounds like a nut with a shell. If I say I "covered" Eli, that doesn't mean that I took a blanket off of him. That means that I put a blanket on him. I think that the description "shelled nut" needs to be changed because I cannot be the only one confused by this. I am going to start a petition to send to the nut industry. Who's with me?!?!

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

LOL! There's nothing worse than confusion about your nuts!