Thursday, January 14, 2010

Poor Neglected Blog

I'm back to blogging. I don't think anyone's reading this anymore, though. To anyone who still reads this little blog, here are a bunch of thoughts rolling around my head:

- I just turned 29. I don't want to call it a mid-life crisis, but this was a tough birthday for me. I have a list of things that I want to accomplish by the time I'm 30 and I only have 360 more days to finish it.

- Emotions overwhelm over the crisis in Haiti; so tragic. It makes me proud to be an American that disaster aid is something that we take so seriously, and it makes me glad to be a Christian when I hear of faith based organizations showing God's love to Haiti. Pat Robertson ticks me off and he mis-represents Christianity. He doesn't represent me or anyone else that I know when he says stupid things like this. His theology is dangerous. If one thinks that when tragedies happen, the victims are being punished by a vengeful God, then help will be slow if at all. Ideas have consequences.

- Eli is at an awesome age. He is really active, very curious, and just mobile enough to be able to hurt himself. He gets really excited about certain things and starts running, but he cant quite control it yet, so he trips a lot. He is so cute, though. I think he might be starting to get ready for a sibling though. (this is merely an observation, not an announcement.)


More blogging later. Here's a picture.

2 comments:

CaptSpify said...

I'm still reading, but I know how you feel. I think 3 people read my blog, and I guess my wife and mom don't count, so maybe we should make that 1.

“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” - Bertrand Russel. Everyone grows old, everyone has regrets. Don't let it get to ya.

I don't think anyone seriously listens to Pat Robertson anyway. For me, he falls into the same category as Al Sharpton, Anne Coulter, and Howard Stern: They're really more entertainment than politics. They go to the extreme to get shock value because it makes them money, not because they actually believe it.

The story about the baby. Recommended for all parents. As a non-parent, I found it hilarious. http://www.ironycentral.com/babymain.html

Unknown said...

I was so glad to see you have started to blog again. I check your blog often to see if there are new entries.

I agree with what you said about Pat Robertson. Aunt Cinda and I were in Haiti years ago and the poverty then was overwhelming I can only imagine it has gotten worse, if that's possible!!!

Thanks for the new entry and looking forward to seeing more!!!!

GAJ