Wednesday, January 24, 2007

New Semester

So, the new semester started this week and is already well under way and I have not even been to all of my classes yet. I have finished all of my GE classes and all of my lower division major requirements and now have nothing left but upper division and I have to say, it's kind of overwhelming. The classes are hard, half of the students in all of my classes so far are grad students, and I just found out how well I need to do in the classes to continue with my education. I met with a counselor in the history department on Monday (ironically she is also one of my teachers this semester) and I am meeting with a credential advisor next Friday. I was told by the history department counselor that I need to get a C in all of my classes from now on (since they are all upper division) in order to graduate, which is no big deal. But I also found out that in order to get into the credential program I need to get straight B's (not just a 3.0) and I need to get a 3.5 in order to get into the graduate program. I was going to take 6 classes this semester so I can graduate in December, but I do not think that I can get a 3.5 GPA while taking 6 classes. So I dropped to 4, and am graduating in May of '08 instead. Not only is this going to be the hardest semester so far, but it is also the most expensive. I have the same teacher for 2 classes and between the 2, he has assigned 26 books. So, this is going to be an interesting 15 weeks. More to come.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do anything you put your mind to. I have no doubt that you will do just fine! I am so proud of you and all the hard work that you have done thus far. Oh... and this semester is truely the most expensive!! That professor sucks!!!

dolphnsrfr said...

Your so awesome, keep on going!! We cannot wait for your graduation... supastar