Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Life Updates and Random Thoughts

- I just finished forty hours of classroom observation. I feel like I still have a lot to learn about how the classroom and how a school works, but I feel like I have a lot better grasp on how to run a classroom when it comes time for me to teach (hopefully next year). Also, I have discovered that high schoolers now dress a lot differently than they did even when I was in high school. Especially the girls! Some of them look like they are going on a job interview with Heff.
- Speaking of high school, my 10 year high school reunion is this year. I cant believe its been 10 years! So far, there is no plan coming from the alumni association. I really hope they so something. It would be fun to see where people are ten years after high school.
- I love being a dad! I get about 2.5 hours alone with Eli after work and they are the best hours! I love hanging out as a family, but there is nothing like hanging out, just the two of us. I feel like I've bonded with Eli a lot more since Michelle has gone back to work. Suddenly he realizes that he has 2 parents instead of a mom and some guy who shows up for half the day.
- I love living in OC and am not likely to move, but I still have such strong ties to Simi. It took me a while to feel like OC was home, just because I live in Simi for so long. What has made it feel like home is connecting with the place that I live. Sometimes it has just been finding a store, like a palce to buy guitar strings or a trustworthy mechanic. But within the last couple months, I have been connecting with the city of Tustin and it really feels like my permantent home now. This observation class that I am taking has required me to get really involved in the city schools, and therefore involved in the city. I have visited the local schools, attended school board meetings, and have connected with local politics. I definitely want to get more involved with local stuff, and this class has made me really feel like Tustin is my home.
- I am starting to send out my resume for a teaching position next school year. I did it last year and didnt find a job, but this year I have a lot more experience and I am a lot more employable than I was last year, but there is still the whole issue with the state's economy. I hope I can find something because I really want to get out of the mortgage sector.
- How amazing is Lost this season??? That's all I have to say about that.
- I was looking through some old pictures of Eli last night and it makes me kind of sad about how fast he is growing. He was so tiny and he is so big now. I know time is going to fly, but I was hoping it would go a little slower than this.
- I am writing a paper this semester that is going to be a chapter of my thesis. I am writing about medieval travel narratives. Its really interesing so far. I am writing about the how some were reliable and others were not and why they weren't and why the unreliable ones were the most popular.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you