Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Two Things

First, recently I am finding myself, as a new dad, speaking baby-speak to Eli a lot. I often find myself in the middle of a "hooshie-booshie-hooshie-boo" and think to myself "What on Earth am I doing??? This doesn't make any sense to either of us!" Also, I call him "buddy" all the time. Also, I make this weird throat noise that seems to make him laugh. Its not so bad when its just me and Eli, but recently I have caught myself doing the same things in public. I have made the same weird throat noise when someone says something that I think is funny. And I have been calling everyone "buddy" more often than should be allowed. So, if I come up and "hooshie-booshie" you or call you buddy, I apologize. Blame Eli.

Second, I have to confess something. It has been burdening me for a long time now, and if I do not confess this then I will never be able to move on. I am a blog-stalker. I read people's blogs who I don't know. I read people's blogs who I only know second or third hand. I read people's blogs without them knowing. I like to read people's blogs. Please don't judge me. Whew! I feel better! Now that I have admitted that I have a blog-stalking problem I can now move to the next step which is seeking help. Maybe I can find a good therapist's blog.

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

We've all been guilty of speaking baby talk to grown-ups. It just happens... there's no stopping it!