Friday, August 29, 2008

Back To School Quotes

I've bolded my favorites.

Education is not preparation for life;
education is life itself.

John Dewey

I like a teacher who gives you something to take home
to think about besides homework.

Lily Tomlin


An investment in knowledge
always pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin



Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind
with an open one.
Malcolm S. Forbes


You learn something every day if you pay attention.
Ray LeBlond

The mediocre teacher tells.
The good teacher explains.
The superior teacher demonstrates.
The great teacher inspires.
William Arthur Ward

Good teaching is one-fourth preparation
and three-fourths theater.
Gail Godwin

Good teachers are costly,
but bad teachers cost more.
Bob Talbert

Who dares to teach must never cease to learn.
John Cotton Dana

The only reason I always try to meet and know the parents better
is because it helps me to forgive their children.
Louis Johannot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are really good! It almost makes me want to go back to school... Almost