Saturday, November 24, 2007

Golf





I have recently discovered that I love to golf. I golfed for the first time this weekend on a trip to visit Michelle's family for Thanksgiving. I golfed once about 7 years ago on a 9-hole course that was designed for 14 year olds, so I dont really count that one. I've been to a driving range about half a dozen times, but never to an actual golf course. The guys in Michelle's family went to the driving range in Simi Thursday morning to warm up for the 18-hole golf course in Westlake on Friday. It was a nice way for me to truly understand my limitations in golf. I went in expecting to be laughed off the golf course, but still knowing that I was going to have a good time. Michelle's family was very gracious and they gave me lots of tips and didnt laugh at me...that is until it happened. We had carts, so we didnt have to carry the bags, and I was in the cart with Michelle's brother Eric. On about the 14th hole, we were having particular difficulty finding my ball and as we were traveling full-speed in the golf cart, Eric and I noticed my ball as we were passing it and Eric turned hard to the left. I was not prepared for the turn and I tried to grab on to something, but I could not find anything in time and I fell out of the golf cart. It all happened very fast, and I dont remember much but I've been told that I bounced a couple of times like a stone across a pond. That's ok...I have embraced it. I now know that I will be the butt of everyone's jokes in Michelle's family for another 2 years or so. And I still dont care because I loved golfing!

No comments: