Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another Awesome Baby Shower!!!

My work friends are awesome! If you need proof, click here. They threw me a surprise baby shower. I usually can tell when something is going down, but this time I was totally shocked. Evidently my work is pretty good at keeping secrets. One of my team leaders, Alex, asked me to help him move something from another building into our building. I didn't think anything of it, because I noticed him out of the corner of my eye and it looked like he went to go ask someone else first but they weren't at their desk. So we were walking over to the other building, and we go into the suite doors of where we used to work for Miller and Clark and right inside this suite, there is a glass-walled conference room and the first person I notice is Melanie, back from Miller and Clark days, and then I notice Julie, my other team leader, and I thought to myself "Well, that's weird. I didn't know that they had meetings together." And then I saw Michelle, and for a split second I thought "What is she doing in a meeting with Julie and Melanie??" That's how surprised I actually was! Then I noticed the big "Its a boy" banner and cake and stuff, and I realized that Michelle wasn't here for a business meeting. They made this cool looking three-tiered-wedding-cake thing out of diapers and bouquets out of baby socks. And they got us a very large Babies R Us gift card. It was a very nice way to end my work day because by the time I got back to my desk, there was only about 15 minutes before I clocked out. Parties are always a good way to end the work day!

Thanks work friends! That was an awesome surprise party!




No comments: