Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Romans


We are doing a study of Romans in our small group at church and I'm really excited about it. Romans is one of the most theologically packed books of the Bible and many people think that it is the most important book in the Bible, including some people at Calvary. Michelle's high school theology teacher made her class memorize Romans 8 as an assignment. Martin Luther said that Romans is a "beacon by which the rest of Scripture is illuminated" and John Calvin said that Romans was a gateway to the rest of Scripture. I am taking this semester very easy because it is the baby semester, so I am using my urge to research something to study Romans. I broke out all of my commentaries and went to the library to pick up a couple more. This is the calm before the storm, so I am getting a lot of good reading in. That will all change though on November 10.

1 comment:

dad said...

Interesting that you are studing Romains at this paticular time. Major revelations will be given to you and Michell in this study. You'll see God in a much different light