Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy 491st Birthday Protestant Reformation!

Again this year, I will be celebrating the Protestant Reformation's birthday while everyone else is trick or treating or Light the Nighting. I want to take this oppurtunity to thank Martin Luther for all that he has done for Christianity.
Here are a couple of my favorites of his 95 theses:

#33 - Men must be on their guard against those who say that the pope's pardons are that inestimable gift of God by which man is reconciled to Him.

#43 - Christians are to be taught that he who gives to the poor or lends to the needy does a better work than buying pardons.

I will leave you with one final quote from Martin Luther:
"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason - I do not accept the authority of the Popes and councils, for they have contradicted each other - my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. God help me. Amen. ”

No comments: