Sunday, September 23, 2007

Back To Blogging

I have been wanting to get back into blogging, but have been overwhelmed with busy schedule. But there is a new blogger in my blogosphere, my sister-in-law Becky, and she has spurred me into finally getting back into my blog.
So, I am going to come back with a confession: I covet stuff. I have come to the realization recently that I constantly want new stuff. I keep telling Michelle about all the things that I want to save for. I want to save for a new truck (2007 Toyota Tundra is what I want), a new telescope, a new computer, a new stand-up toolchest, a new LCD tv. I have the longest list of things that I want to save for. This is one of the things that bothers me the most about myself. I want to stop coveting. Its not like I am unhappy without this stuff; I don't go around all day thinking "If only I had a new tv I would finally be happy." But I do want it all. And I will always want something new. I got a new computer a while ago and about a month after I had it I wanted a new one. About 3 years ago, I bought my first car from an actual dealership, instead of a friend, and soon after that all I could think about was a new truck (which I am still thinking about). I am not blaming it on this culture (its mostly just my selfishness) but I think to some extent it is growing up in the Nintendo generation. I have grown up in the generation that has seen Beta, VHS, Laserdisk, DVD, and now HD-DVD and Blu Ray, and 5 generations of Nintendo. We are always being told that our things our out of date and that we have to replace them. So here I am always wanting something new. I hate it!

2 comments:

Eric Wakeling said...

the nintendo generation comment was interesting. that's true.

keep up the blogging my friend!!

Anonymous said...

It's not all frivolous things that you dream about owning. You also want to save for sensible things like a house and travel and children =)