Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year



I love Christmas. It is always the highlight of my year. I actually start preparing for Christmas in September. If Michelle would let me I would decorate in the middle of November and leave the decorations up until February. I love the whole season. I love the long, dark nights. I love the cool, crisp air. I love all the stores when they're decorated. I love the Santas in the malls. I love the caroling. I love the full month of Christmas music on KOST. I love seeing my whole family. I love all the emotions involved in the whole season. During the Christmas season, I turn into a kid again and I still get that same sense of wonder and innocence that I had when I was a kid. For me it is the most joyous time of the year. Its hard to explain, but I get this sense of awe, wonder, amazement, overwhelming joy. It is because I get to celebrate the birth of my Savior, but for me it is something a little deeper, too. I feel like that this emotion that I feel during the Christmas season is a little taste of what Heaven is going to be like. That sense of childish awe and wonder and unadulterated joy.

1 comment:

Bea Wakeling said...

Me too! The catalogs are starting to come out with Christmas stuff and it makes my insides flutter with excitement!