Friday, September 28, 2007

Why I Love My Wife.

.




People still ask me how I am enjoying married life and I love when they do. My problem is that I say "I love it, it's great." But people always stare at me waiting for me to continue and give a clever anecdote. I always panic because I can feel their eyes boring a hole into my soul as they rest their entire judgment of the quality of my marriage on the next words that come out of my mouth. I always default to something like "It's so much better than I thought it could ever be" or if it is someone that I can joke with I'll say something like "Its just weird that there is a girl in my bedroom." But recently I have noticed that my wife has done two things that has made me fall more in love with her and things that I can now use when people ask me how I'm enjoying married life. The first is that my wife quotes Family Guy. My favorite line that she quotes is "That's 'R' as in Robert Loggia...'O' as in oh my god, that's Robert Loggia...'B' as in by god, that's Robert Loggia..." Second, and more importantly, my wife has come to tolerate, and dare I say enjoy, Star Trek. If you asked her, she could tell you who Seven and Chakotay, or Riker and Troy are. So now when people ask me how I am enjoying married life, I am going to say, "Great! I love being married! My wife watches Star Trek with me!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't go as far as to say I enjoy Star Trek, but I do tolerate it.

Eric Wakeling said...

That was the funniest post I have ever read!!