Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tim-Tam Slam

If you have been around me at all within the past few months, you may have heard me mention something called a Tim-Tam. I heard about these a few months ago from a fellow volunteer in the high-school group from church. Here is how it was described to me: it is a square, crunchy, English biscuit that is covered in chocolate. You bite off opposing corners, then you use it like a straw and suck up some warm beverage (i.e. hot chocolate, coffee, etc.) into the biscuit and as soon as you taste it and the biscuit it saturated, you slam it into your mouth. Hence the Tim-Tam slam. It was described to me as the most amazing flavor-texture combination in the world. It is evidently huge in England and is this underground thing here in America. You can find more info here. So, I was intrigued by this and I started looking for these at grocery stores. Every store that I checked does not carry them and I was beginning to get a little skeptical that they even existed. Then my wonderful wife surprised me with one last birthday present last night and got me several packs of these Tim Tams, shipped from Australia! And I must admit, they are pretty amazing. They come in different varieties (normal chocolate, carmel, dark chocolate, double chocolate, etc.) I tried them last night with hot chocolate, and it was one of the best things I have ever tasted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's go to Coffee Bean and get the warm vanilla drinks and try it with that =)