Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Check this out!

This is my kid! I have a kid. I'm still not sure if I believe it yet. Although yesterday (our second ultrasound) was, at the risk of sounding overly dramatic, the most magical day of my life. The nurse did her ultrasound thing and baby was conveniently in the perfect position for her to measure the back of the neck. Then the nurse started pushing on Michelle's stomach to get baby moving and that's when it happened. I was transfixed on the ultrasound monitor and everything got really quiet and I had no perception of anything else other than my kid swimming around. Baby was kicking like crazy and flipping around and we got a great couple of shots of baby. The ultrasound photos do not do justice to what Michelle and I actually got to see on the monitor. The nurse said that baby is developing perfectly, but seemed slightly surprised by the length of the legs. So that's it...I'm going to be a father. Feel free to take as much time as you need to gaze at our beautiful baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It truly was indescribable! There is nothing in the world like it! It's hard to express how much love I have for this little person inside already! God is good!

Matt Doan said...

Kevin and Michelle,

Thanks for sharing your first baby photos with all of us.

Kevin,
Congratulations on Grad School and the new car.

Wow, your lives are changing by the moment. History is being written, History Geek.
I am so happy for you guys.