Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Thoughts on Last Night's Episode of Lost:

Again, for all the TIVO-ers, watch the episode before you read this:

Widmore -
Widmore blew my mind last night. He's an other?!?!?!? How long has he been on the island? Was he born there, or did he arive recently? He implied that nobody knew the island better than him, so he must have been there for a while. Since he funded the Dharma research, that means that Dharma wasn't a foreign entity that found the mysterious island - they were purposely sent there by someone who knew the secrets of the island and was an (ex?)-other.

Charlotte -
I think that Charlotte was born on the island. This explains her reaction when she first parachuted onto the island and Miles' comment to her about being 'back' on the island. I also think that her mother is the woman with the rifle who took her group hostage. I think that her mother is going to die as a result of Faraday's actions which is going to erase Charlotte. I've stopped reading spoilers, so I don't know if this is going to happen, its just what I think.

Locke -
We get some closure to the story arc where Alpert visits John as a newborn and as a child. He visits John as a newborn, becasue John told him to. And the reason Alpert stormed off after he showed John all those things to choose from when he was a kid was because he chose the knife instead of the compass, which future John had given to present Alpert several years in the past.

Jughead -
The episode name is Jughead, another name for an H-bomb. I think that the others, taking Faraday's advice about burying the bomb, buried it under the swan hatch. The people in the swan hatch had to discharge the electromagnetic energy from the radioactive H-bomb every 108 minutes by pressing the button. I dont know if there is any science behind this, but it makes for good t.v.

Alpert -
Alpert told Faraday that there was a chain of command and that he was reporting to someone. I don't think he meant Jacob, because first he reported to Ben, then he reported to Locke. I wonder who he's reporting to in 1954. Also, Juliet said that Alpert has always been on the island. I wonder how old he really is. Faraday said that they could jump back 5000 years. That goes with my theory that Sawyer loses a toe due to him stepping on that stick last episode and the castaways go back thousands of years and an ancient civilization living on the island build a giant statue to worship him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very interesting theory...

GAJ