Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Do you believe in the supernatural?



Maybe not the ghosts of deceased family members coming back to offer one final message, but do you believe in a supernatural realm that can interact with our physical plane? I can offer several stories that I have heard from perfectly normal, sane, non-crazy people who are absolutely convinced that they have seen something supernatural. For the sake of brevity, I will only re-tell my own supernatural experience. I was around 17 years old and I was working in the kitchen of a convalescent home. I was the closer which meant that I was the one who had to finish washing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen. I was often there until 10:00PM, and the last of the kitchen employees left around 7:00. So, I was there for about 3 hours by myself...no big deal. This was an especially long night, and it was rounding the 10 o'clock hour and I had just started mopping the floor. There was a large walk-in refrigerator that had a set of glass doors that opened with the bottom of the door about mid-thigh height, so they weren't doors used to walk into the refrigerator. There were very heavy metal shelves about a couple inches on the inside of the glass doors used to place food for easy access so you wouldn't have to walk all the way into the fridge to get certain things. I started mopping around those doors and looked up at them and noticed that they were completely fogged up; so much that I couldn't see far enough into the fridge to see what was on the shelves (only a couple inches into the fridge)! I thought that was weird, I had never seen that before, but I went on with my mopping because I wanted to get home. I suddenly got this chill down my back and the hair on the back of my neck started to stand up and I looked up again and saw two very clear hand prints very slowly start to appear and wipe at the fog on the inside of the glass door. I freaked out and left the mop on the floor. I talked to the night cook and the kitchen manager the next day and told them what happened. They said that a couple years before a resident had passed away in the kitchen (you got used to the passing of residents when working in a convalescent home, but in the kitchen was kind of weird) and ever since then the kitchen had been haunted. Now, I feel that I am a reasonable man and I do not believe that the ghost of this past resident had visited me and wiped the fog off of the glass door that night, but something did happen (and I'm not crazy!) Have you ever had an experience something like that? Anything that if you told anybody they would think you're crazy? (you can put a comment under anonymous if you're too worried what others will think)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get spooked really easily too when I'm alone. I don't think you're crazy! I'm sure there was a reasonable explanation for what happened that night...