Monday, June 2, 2008

MAN CAMP!!!!!!!





Early Friday evening I left for my first ever men's retreat. However, the men's leadership at church emphatically said that men do not retreat! They camp! So they called it ManCamp. They even did some videos to get the men at church excited for it (you can check out the videos here) It was really fun. I got to meet and hang out with a bunch of guys I haven't met before, chug a quart of milk in 45 seconds, almost kill myself trying to run around a very steep slope and shoot other men with paint, and shoot arrows at bales of hay for 2 hours. The food was great, the fellowship even better, and the spiritual renewal (which is why I wanted to go so badly) was exactly what I needed. Barry Cory, the new president of Biola, spoke through Genesis about how we need to build an altar to God in each new place of our lives and how important it is to be aware of what we use to build the altar and what we put on the altar. It was a great weekend and was exactly what I was needing at this point in my life.



<<<<<<<< UPDATE >>>>>>>>>>>
It has been brought to my attention that I neglected to mention above that I abandoned my wife this weekend for the first time in our marriage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only did you abandon me for the weekend, but you forced me to go to the emergency room all by myself! For shame!

Anonymous said...

by the way... that made me laugh so hard that my apple sauce came dangerously close to exiting through my nose =)