Friday, June 6, 2008

Ode to Lost




I love Lost. It is my favorite show. If you were to come up to me and ask me about Lost I could talk to you for hours about the show, about the mysteries, about theories that I have and that other people have about the show. But, Lost is waning. What gave Lost such a larger audience than other sci-fi/nerdy shows was the character development and the number of very strong characters. But there was another thing that kept the fans coming back as well: the mysteries. The mysteries of the island which kept the fans coming back are also what is causing the waning of Lost. Its turning out to be such a catch-22: the fans (myself included) griped when the show was stringing us along and not answering any questions, but now that the show is beginning to wrap up and they are answering a bunch of questions there is nothing left to care about and keep watching. I think that I speak for a lot of fans when I say that after this fast-paced, answer-filled season I am not so excited about the next season. The awesomeness of Lost is what all the fans were complaining about: the constant, unrevealed mysteries that kept us coming back. Sorry Lost, you were great once, and you are still good, but I am no longer that excited to watch you.


<<<<<<<< UPDATE >>>>>>>>>>>>
After the reaction of some, I feel I must clarify the above. Lost is still, by far, the best show on television and may remain the best show of all time. I'm just saying that the end of this season was not like the hatch at the end of season 1. Due to all that has been revealed thus far in the show, we can reasonably assume that the island moved to the Arctic. Penny's guys who were looking for the island were in the arctic, the island had polar bears on it, the middle of the island that Ben went into to turn the wheel and move the island was frozen...I think we can assume that the island was once in the arctic and probably moved back there when Ben moved it. The big reveal in this season finale was different than season 1 and just not as exciting as the season 1 finale that we knew nothing about. I'll say again, it is the best show ever, and it is impossible to keep up the greatness of season 1. I'm just saying...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's weird to think that we'll have a baby in the house by the time Lost comes back on!

Eric Wakeling said...

this is just not true. recant! recant!