Thursday, June 5, 2008

Haircuts




I'm pretty weird about getting my haircut. I like to establish myself somewhere so the barbers/stylists know me. I like to go in and have the barber already know what I want. And, most importantly, once the tissue paper is around my neck and and the smock buttoned, I do not want to talk. I will talk as much as the barber wants before and after I am in the chair, but once I'm in that chair I do not want to talk. I want to sit there in peaceful silence as the barber cuts my hair. That's why I go to the barber by my work. Even if they don't remember exactly what I want, they keep records of how my hair is cut in their computer. They never ask me because they know I like a 2 on the sides gently faded to an 8 on the top, sideburns to the bottom of the earlobe and thinned out with a squared neckline. And the best part is I can sit back in peace and not talk and know that they know what I want.

Is that weird?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every repeat barber or stylist that I've been to with you have ALWAYS remembered you for your swirly! It's unmistakable!