Friday, September 19, 2008

Atlas Shrugged


I'm about 150 pages into Atlas Shrugged. I like Ayn Rand a lot. I knew nothing about her until I picked up, on a whim, Anthem a couple weeks ago. Her writing style is one of the best I have ever read. Her characters are compelling and real, her dialogue is amazing, and her stories are epic in scope. After reading Anthem and being impressed, I picked up Atlas Shrugged and this is so much better. It is a commitment though - 1075 pages in very small font. I know nothing about the story - not even what its about, dont want to know anything. I am enjoying not having any idea whats going to happen. This is so much different than Lost. I always checked the spoilers for Lost and it has taken every amount of my willpower not to look online and find something about the book. So far it is one of the most entrancing stories I have ever read, and nothing has even really happened yet. I really like Ayn Rand as a writer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ayn rand is great... keep pluggin away at the book... you may also be interested in fedfilter.com