Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Child-Birth Preparedness Class, Part Deux

Last night Michelle and I went to the second session of our child-birth preparedness class. I thought last week was bad! This week they showed everything that will happen while the mom births the child. They showed crowning, they showed the doctor pulling the baby out of the mother, they had a still picture of a baby in mid-birth with head and one shoulder outside of the mother. Now, I have seen this sort of thing before on the show Baby Story, but they were always kind enough to blur out the 'active' part of the image. There was no blurring in this video. And they didn't turn down the sound of the video, so you got to hear the mother's agony while the baby was half-way out.
I am an adult about this and I know that child-birth is a beautiful and magical miracle from God. I also know that I will feel a lot different when I am watching my wife give birth to my son. But for crying out loud, people! Give me a little warning when you are going to show something like that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! My sister did warn you!