Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Man Cub Is Almost Here!!!

Today Michelle's really awesome work put on a really awesome surprise party/baby shower for Michelle and I. They had been planning this for a couple weeks. They called me and said that they were planning this party and inviting everyone from the office and some of the regional managers to surprise Michelle with a baby shower. I was expecting a few people with a small cake and some punch and I thought we would walk away with a couple cute onesies. I severely underestimated Michelle's work friends. There were about 30 people there and there was a huge spread pot luck style and there were more gifts than I would have imagined. We walked away with a car-load of new clothes, blankets, washclothes & towels, toys, and tons of other baby stuff. Michelle has made quite an impression on her co-workers and there was a strong outpouring of love and friendship for Michelle and our little growing family.






The fact that baby (who I will from now on refer to as man-cub) is coming in a very short time is sinking in. I feel like it was Sept. 1 and I blinked and all of a sudden its the 23. Where did those 22 days go?? I feel like I'm going to blink again and I am going to be holding him. I am 95% excited, more excited and expectant than I have ever been with the exception of my wedding day, and 5% nervous that I am going to not be a good father. There have been many people in my life who have shown me how to be a bad father and many people who have shown me how to be a good father. I hope and pray that I am able to be as good of a father as those good examples in my life. I can't wait for my son to get here!

2 comments:

dad said...

so you decided on a name "MAN CUB"

dad said...

what a nice thing for Michell's company to do. She works with some nice people